City To Apply for CDBG Housing Grant
What is a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)?
CDBG is a program provided through the state to help cities develop, maintain, and expand their communities in all aspects. This particular grant provides up to $25,000 of funds to 12 property owners for home repairs. This program is intended to extend the life of the property.
There is no cost to owner occupied homes! However landlords will be required to match 25% for tenant occupied homes. To be eligible the homeowners or tenants must meet the following main criteria.
- Home must be in the target area
- Homeowners or tenants must be income qualified
- Home must have home insurance and be current on taxes, utilities, and mortgage payments (if applicable)
- The home must undergo an inspection (provided by the grant program)
How does the program work? What do I do next?
This program will use the inspection to determine the priority of improvements for the house. These improvements can include but are not limited to the following:
- Windows and Doors
- Minor repairs to drywall and painting
- Central Heat
- Roof repairs
After initial inspection, a contractor will be selected to complete the identified repairs.
If you are interested in applying for this program or have any questions please contact Audree Aguilera, Community Development Coordinator.